This sauce is SO good! I. Love. it.
I do not suggest eating this with spaghetti squash though, the sweetness of the squash and the flavor of the sauce just did not go together well, I didn't like it. But with just regular spaghetti, DELISH!!
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was super garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Read more from this wonderful site where I found this recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/#ixzz2vscgSpmL
You can also follow my day to day on instagram! @aleisa_keyes
Nom Nom Nom
As you can see, my entire family enjoyed it!