These are seriously SO good! I have just recently gotten more brave with the veggies I am willing to eat and I've learned something... Bell peppers are delicious!
4 bell peppers of your color choice
1 cup of brown rice or quinoa, cooked just shy of done
1/2 cup black beans (canned) rinsed and drained
1/2 cup corn
1 lb ground turkey, seasoned with Ms Dash Southwest seasoning
1 cup petite diced tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce (add more if you like it more saucy)
1/4 cup of your fave cheese
And here's what you gotta do:
1. Cook brown rice or quinoa according to directions
2. While rice/quinoa is cooking, brown ground meat and season
3. Drain and rinse black beans
4. Portion out diced tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce and cheese
5. Combine in large bowl- meat, tomatoes, corn, rice or quinoa, beans and sauce
6. Cut off caps of peppers and pull out ribs and core. Rinse excess seeds out
7. Stuff peppers with filling
8. Sprinkle with cheese
9. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Cheese should be melted and filling should be heated all the way through
10. Dig in! This recipe serves 4.
I love these even more for leftovers! Enjoy!