Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cauliflower pizza crust - freezer meal planning

I love cauliflower pizza crust. When I'm craving pizza I can have this without the after guilt of consuming 1800 calories that usually comes with pizza night. 

So this time I made 4 crusts and froze them. Yes! Pizza whenever I want! Which is often so these probably won't be in the freezer for too long. 

Ok for my 4 crusts I used: 

2 cups italian cheese
4 eggs
2 head of cauliflower 
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp parsley
Salt and pepper 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F

In the food processor, chop up the cauliflower. Like, rice size, it's gotta be small.

Put chopped cauliflower in steamer and steam for about 8 minutes. 

While it's steaming, combine the cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper 

Pour cauliflower into a cheese cloth or clean dish towel. Now squeeze the crap out of it. You gotta get as much water out as you can and cauli holds a lot of h2o! 

Now, mix the cauli with the egg and cheese mixture. Mix it up real good. 

Now I should have done this on tin foil but I messed up. Don't be like me, use the tin foil. Line the cookie sheets with that tin foil so the dang crusts don't stick. 

Now just separate the mix into 4 and shape your pizzas. Press them nice and thin. After I did this, I used paper towels and pressed onto the pizzas to absorb more water.

Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes til golden brown around edges.

Remove and allow to cool.

Now just wrap them puppies in tin foil separately and place flat in the freezer! 

Now when you feel like pizza, just pull on of them bad boys out, top with whatever you like on pizza and cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Meal planning, like a boss!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment