Sunday, January 4, 2015

Turkey for dinner and it's not thanksgiving

Well, this is my dinner for this evening - turkey breast, baked sweet potato, carrots and salad. It was oh so good. 

I know, you are wondering, turkey? It's not Christmas or Thanksgiving. I just felt like having turkey, and BONUS, I get leftover turkey sammiches tomorrow for lunch. Score! 

I made my turkey breast in the crock pot and it was so simple. All you need is 

2-3 lb turkey breast
2 cans chicken brother
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 tbsp butter

Rub the seasoning all over both sides of the boob, I mean, breast. 

Place in crockpot and pour the chicken broth over.

Cook on low 5 hours, then turn over and cook one more hour.

Rub the butter on the turkey. Pop the breast in the broiler for just a couple minutes (I did 2) to crisp it a little. 

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment