Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One Day at a Time

Today I weigh 168.8 lbs. I started just a week ago at 172. I'm going to take that as a win :)

I've been juicing for breakfast.

---> 1 Apple, 1/2 lemon, 1 kiwi, 1 handful kale, 2-3 celery stalks and 1 one inch piece of ginger. That's my fave. Try it. It's loaded with nutrients and it's a great start to the day!

I also got my kids into it, and they are becoming more adventurous! My daughter made one that was 1 large carrot, 1 Apple, 1 lime and 2 celery stalks. It was delish! They get excited to juice before school, teaching good habits!

I've been making time for workouts.

Every. Single. Day.

I'm going to the gym as often as I can. Doing a cardio machine and/or circuit training. Throw in some random kettleball workouts. Squats, lunges, bridges, ab work. On my sore days, instead of taking that day off, I've been walking laps, taking it easy but still doing something active.

I'm making gym dates with friends.

It just helps me stick to my commitment to go to the gym if I am meeting someone. I have a couple friends I meet up with throughout the week, and it's nice to catch up and also push each other. When I'm done, my friend says one more lap. And we try new things. I hate cardio, and one friend is intimidated by weights. We did both in the same day, a win for each of us!

I'm eating at home.

Besides saving myself a shitload of money, I'm saving myself the extra calories that always come with restaurant food or fast food. And I know exactly what is going in my body since I fixed it! 

And, my food isn't going to waste. Sometimes I would buy all the food for a week's menu plan and then decide last minute I didn't feel like cooking or whatever, and by the end of that week have to throw out veggies that never got used for the intended recipe. Super wasteful, and unnecessary. 

I'm drinking lots & lots of water.

It's been quite awhile since I gave up soda for water. It was a pain in the ass and took awhile cuz I was so used to flavored everything. But it's been well over a year now of drinking just plain ol' non flavored h2o, I would say at least 95% of the time. I have this big ol cup and it's awesome! It makes tracking my water intake soooo much easier, I love it! 

This awesome cup is by hydr-8, which I purchased here:


And so there you have it, that's what I've been doing recently and I am feeling great and energy is up! I can't wait to lose a little more weight so I can start to SEE the difference, feeling it is great but seeing definitely helps keep me motivated ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment