Thursday, March 13, 2014

Progress... Slowly but surely.

I'll be honest.  I have not been as consistent as I should be, with both working out and eating healthy.  Gah.  My weight hasn't gone up, but it hasn't gone down much either.  This morning I weighed 163 lbs.  So I am making progress but if I want to actually see results I need to commit to my workouts and healthy eating!


I started reading a book called Wheat Belly, have you heard of it?  It's pretty interesting.  I suggest it.  I also got the cook book and I am definitely going to try some recipes out of it, like the home made wheat & gluten free bread and tortillas.  If you've tried any of the recipes, please do share your thoughts!



Above is my Before photo, you will probably see this through out the blog as I use it to compare to progress photos.  It's really hard to just look in the mirror and see the difference because, well, you look at yourself everyday so you get used to any changes.  But putting pics side by side helps.  
The bottom is my recent photo.  I was about to go get in the hotel hot tub so took the pic real quick before going on my merry way.  From the front, I do not see much of a difference yet.  But from the side my belly looks flatter already!  My thighs have always been a problem area for me, I've always lacked muscle tone there.  So I'll be looking for some good thigh workouts for sure and steppin up my squats :)
So it's not a crazy transformation.  And that is ok, because it's still progress!  I'm still in the beginning of my journey, I'm excited to see what a progress photo 6 months or a year from now is going to look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment